Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Ethnography Results, Week 1

For the first week, I sat in on the seminar class and observed how they took notes. There were approximately 47 students and 6 of them were using laptops. Of that portion, two appeared to be taking notes in Microsoft Word or similar. One was on Facebook the majority of the class, and two were working on programming. The remaining two seemed to be surfing the internet the majority of the class. Qualitatively, I didn't feel like many people in general were taking good notes even if they didn't have laptops. If I continue this study, I would like to try a different class to see if the lack of attention was due to just that class in particular.

However, I think I am going to switch topics. I have heard about some of the other groups and believe that the results would be easier to get as well as being a bit more fun to research.

No comments:

Post a Comment